Dog Obedience Classes
The Southington Recreation Department is sponsoring beginner & intermediate level Dog Obedience classes for dogs 3 months of age (by the first day of class) and older. The instructor for all classes will be Kevin Medeiros, owner of Stay N Play Pets. There are no residency requirements for this program.
Participants will receive instructions in obedience training including sit, stay, come, heel and other commands. Bring your dog, a training collar and a 6-foot lead to class. Dogs that have already participated in and successfully completed the beginner's level training of this program may opt to sign up for the intermediate level class. (Prior participation in a program offered elsewhere does not qualify for intermediate level training.)
Beginner level class participants are asked to attend their first class on July 10th without their dogs.
NOTE: This program is not suitable for dogs who exhibit aggressive behaviors towards people or other dogs; dogs with issues of incessant barking are also prohibited. Participants (dogs) attending these classes must be able to withstand an hour in a group setting with 8-10 other dogs and their owners in close proximity.
View Program Registration, Cancellation & Refund Policies
Class Schedules & Location
||Tuesdays, July 10, 17, 24, 31; August 7, 14, 21
||Thursdays, July 12, 19, 26; August 2, 9, 16, 23
|6:30 pm - 7:30 pm
||Stay N Play Pets, 420 North Main St., Southington
- $135.00 per dog
- Cash (exact change only), check, money order, or credit card* (Visa, MasterCard or Discover) are accepted
- Check or money order may be made payable to "Town of Southington"
*An additional, non-refundable 3% service fee applies to all credit card transactions.
- Registration Form/Waiver (Required)
- A completed registration form and payment in full must be submitted to the Recreation Department by 4:30 pm on Tuesday, July 10, 2018.
- Register By Mail: Southington Recreation Dept., P.O. Box 571, Southington, CT 06489
- Register In Person: Southington Town Hall, 75 Main St. (2nd Floor)
- Please call the office at (860) 276-6219 with any questions or to reserve a space in this program.