Veterans Memorial Park
Woodruff Street, Southington
||Daily, Dawn until Dusk
(Closing time may vary due to scheduled sporting events.)
- Basketball Court
- Duck Pond (No Fishing)
- Football Field, Lighted
- Little League Fields (2 Total; 1 Lighted)
- Massarelli Field
- Picnic Grove
- Swimming Pool/Changing Rooms
- Tennis Courts (3)
Park Use & Reservations
- With the exception of the swimming pools, Memorial Park is open to the public, regardless of residency.
- A permit is required for any type of organized event taking place on park grounds (birthday party, fundraiser, group outing, bottle/can drive, etc.).
- Park space may be reserved by Southington residents/organizations only.
- Reservations at Memorial Park are free of charge. Please call the Recreation Department at 860-276-6219 to inquire about date availability.
- Sport fields (baseball, football) may be reserved by Town leagues only.
- The pools are not available for rental at any time.
- For events occurring during pool season, please be advised that all regular pool rules apply to your attendees. Each Southington resident at your event may only bring one out-of-town guest to the pool, and proof of residency/ID is required.
- Alcohol is prohibited in the park at all times.
- Due to insurance/liability issues, inflatable bounce houses are not allowed in the park (unless applicant can provide proof that they have obtained their own insurance for the event/bounce house; a copy of the insurance certificate must be presented to the Recreation Department prior to the event).
- Download a Park Use Permit Application
Memorial Park's pools are scheduled to open for the season on Saturday, June 25, 2016 at 11:00 am.
The wading and swimming pools at Memorial Park are open seasonally to Southington residents only; however, each resident may bring one non-resident guest. ID and proof of residency are required to gain entry. There is no fee to use the pools. Hours are subject to change based on weather conditions.
View Schedule of Pool Hours
|1. No food, drink or glass containers in pool area.
|2. Any persons known or suspected of having a communicable disease shall not use the pool.
|3. Lounge chairs are restricted to larger areas on the pool deck.
|4. Proper swim wear is required.
|5. Shower before entering the pool.
|6. Diving is only allowed in 10 feet. No flipping.
|7. No pushing, shoving, rough play, carrying others on shoulders, etc.
|8. ONLY Coast Guard approved floats are allowed.
|9. ONLY goggles are allowed (no masks or snorkels).
|10. Wading pool is for children ages six years and under only.
|11. Diapers are prohibited in either pool.
|12. Smoking is prohibited in pool area.
Back to Top