Maxwell Noble Drive, Plantsville
||Daily, Dawn until Dusk
(Closing time may vary due to scheduled sporting events.)
- Baseball Fields (4 Total; 2 Lighted)
- Basketball Courts (2 Lighted)
- Bocce Court
- Children's Playground
- Duck Pond (No Fishing)
- Football Fields (2 Lighted)
- Passive Recreation
- Picnic Groves (3)
- Soccer Fields (3 Total; 2 Lighted)
- Softball Fields (2 Lighted)
- Swimming Pool/Changing Rooms
- Tennis Courts (3 Lighted)
- Volleyball Court (Sand Base)
Park Use & Reservations
- With the exception of the swimming pools, Recreation Park is open to the public, regardless of residency.
- A permit is required for any type of organized event taking place on park grounds (birthday party, fundraiser, group outing, bottle/can drive, etc.).
- In addition to the permit, a $50.00 non-refundable rental fee applies to reserve the pavilion in the front picnic grove (situated between the playground area and the swimming pools). Please call the Recreation Department at 860-276-6219 to inquire about date/space availability.
- Park space may be reserved by Southington residents/organizations only.
- Sport fields (softball, soccer, football, etc.) may be reserved by Town leagues only.
- The pools are not available for rental at any time.
- For events occurring during pool season, please be advised that all regular pool rules apply to your attendees. Each Southington resident at your event may only bring one out-of-town guest to the pool, and proof of residency/ID is required.
- Alcohol is prohibited in the park at all times.
- Due to insurance/liability issues, inflatable bounce houses are not allowed in the park (unless applicant can provide proof that they have obtained their own insurance for the event/bounce house; a copy of the insurance certificate must be presented to the Recreation Department prior to the event).
- Download a Park Use Permit Application
Recreation Park's pools are CLOSED for the season (as of 9/12/16).
The wading and swimming pools at Recreation Park are open seasonally to Southington residents only; however, each resident may bring one non-resident guest. ID and proof of residency are required to gain entry. There is no fee to use the pools. Hours are subject to change based on weather conditions.
|1. No food, drink or glass containers in pool area.
|2. Any persons known or suspected of having a communicable disease shall not use the pool.
|3. Lounge chairs are restricted to larger areas on the pool deck.
|4. Proper swim wear is required.
|5. Shower before entering the pool.
|6. Jump in feet first ONLY.
|7. No pushing, shoving, rough play, carrying others on shoulders, etc.
|8. ONLY Coast Guard approved floats are allowed.
|9. ONLY goggles are allowed (no masks or snorkels).
|10. Wading pool is for children ages six years and under only.
|11. Diapers are prohibited in either pool.
|12. Smoking is prohibited in pool area.
Back to Top