Deer Bowhunting at Crescent Lake
Bowhunting is open seasonally to current Southington residents and non-resident Southington landowners (taxpayers) only.
Special permits are required to bowhunt on Crescent Lake property. Permits are free of charge and may be obtained at the Southington Recreation Department at Town Hall during regular business hours (Monday-Friday, 8:30am-12pm & 1:00-4:30pm). Permits for the start of the season will become available approximately 2 weeks prior to opening day. In order to obtain permits, you must present all of the following documentation:
- Proof of residency. Residents may present their driver's license (or other government-issued ID showing name & address). Non-resident landowners must present a copy of a recent tax bill or printout of taxpayer status from the Tax Collector's office at Town Hall.
- State of CT Hunting License. Must be the current year's license showing the purchase of an archery permit.
Deer Bowhunting Season
- Per the State of CT DEEP, deer bowhunting season on Crescent Lake property will be from September 15, 2018 through December 30, 2018.
- During this period of time, bowhunting is allowed Monday through Saturday only. Hunting is not allowed on Sundays (per decision of the Parks & Recreation Board).
- Each eligible hunter may obtain permits for a maximum of three (3) days per week. Hunters may request up to two weeks' worth (six days max) of permits at a time.
- There is a maximum of twelve (12) hunters allowed on the property each day and permits are issued on a first-come, first-served basis.
- Use of crossbows is prohibited except for individuals with a physical disability which prevents them from using a traditional bow. A doctor's note stating as such must be presented to the Recreation office before permits will be issued.