Rent and Mortgage Assistance Program
To apply for assistance with a rent or mortgage payment, you will need to call our office at
860-628-3761 to schedule an appointment.
You will need to bring in the following information:
• Proof of residency
• Proof of income for all adults in the household
• A 30-day full copy of all bank statements. Be sure to have all pages, if the statement states page 1 of 5 pages, all five pages are needed
This program targets families and individuals who are at risk of becoming homeless as a result of a pending eviction or foreclosure.
Those seeking help who may be eligible for this program must have the following:
• A steady source of income
• The ability to pay future rent or mortgage
• Rent or mortgage payments that are not more than 50% of their income
• A short-term hardship which created the inability to make mortgage or rent payments
• A landlord or bank willing to cooperate