|Per order of the Health Department, all playscapes and basketball courts located within Town parks are CLOSED until further notice. The purpose of these closures is to help enforce social distancing practices needed to stop the spread of COVID-19.
Maxwell Noble Drive, Plantsville
||Daily, Dawn until Dusk
(Closing time may vary due to scheduled sporting events.)
- Baseball Fields (4 Total; 2 Lighted)
- Basketball Courts (2 Lighted)
- Bocce Court
- Children's Playground
- Duck Pond (No Fishing)
- Football Fields (2 Lighted)
- Passive Recreation
- Picnic Groves (3)
- Soccer Fields (3 Total; 2 Lighted)
- Softball Fields (2 Lighted)
- Swimming Pool/Changing Rooms
- Tennis Courts (3 Lighted)
- Volleyball Court (Sand Base)
Park Use & Reservations
- With the exception of the swimming pools, Recreation Park is open to the public, regardless of residency.
- A permit is required for any type of organized event taking place on park grounds (birthday party, fundraiser, group outing, bottle/can drive, etc.).
- In addition to the permit, a $50.00 non-refundable rental fee applies to reserve the pavilion in the front picnic grove (situated between the playground area and the swimming pools). Please call the Recreation Department at 860-276-6219 to inquire about date/space availability.
- Park space may be reserved by Southington residents/organizations only.
- Sport fields (softball, soccer, football, etc.) may be reserved by Town leagues only.
- The pools are not available for rental at any time.
- For events occurring during pool season, please be advised that all regular pool rules apply to your attendees. Each Southington resident at your event may only bring one out-of-town guest to the pool, and proof of residency/ID is required.
- Alcohol is prohibited in the park at all times.
- Per the Town's insurance policy requirements, inflatables (i.e. bounce houses) are not allowed in the park at any time.
- Download a Park Use Permit Application
Recreation Park's pools are are CLOSED and are tentatively scheduled to reopen in late June 2020.
The wading and swimming pools at Recreation Park are open seasonally to Southington residents only; however, each resident may bring one non-resident guest. ID and proof of residency are required to gain entry. There is no fee to use the pools. Hours are subject to change based on weather conditions.
|1. No food, drink or glass containers in pool area.
|2. Any persons known or suspected of having a communicable disease shall not use the pool.
|3. Lounge chairs are restricted to larger areas on the pool deck.
|4. Proper swim wear is required.
|5. Shower before entering the pool.
|6. Jump in feet first ONLY.
|7. No pushing, shoving, rough play, carrying others on shoulders, etc.
|8. ONLY Coast Guard approved floats are allowed.
|9. ONLY goggles are allowed (no masks or snorkels).
|10. Wading pool is for children ages six years and under only.
|11. Regular diapers are prohibited in either pool (swim diapers are allowed).
|12. Smoking is prohibited in pool area.
Back to Top