The Playground Program is open to Southington resident children who will be entering grades 1-6 as of August 2018 (next school year). The program is held rain or shine, Monday-Friday, 9:00 am - 2:00 pm, at South End Elementary School & Recreation Park, Maxwell Noble Dr., Plantsville.
The program is comprised of three separate 2-week sessions:
||June 25-July 6 (No Program July 4)
||July 23-August 3
*Additional fees for field trips/pizza party will be collected during each session.
View Program Registration, Cancellation & Refund Policies
- Pre-register online beginning Saturday, March 3, 2018 (see times below). This process will serve to temporarily save a space for your child in the session(s) of your choice. Each child may attend a maximum of two sessions.
- The opening times for each session on March 3 will be staggered in an effort to reduce high website traffic and registration errors. Click on the desired session below to go to the pre-registration website:
- The site will remain open to accept registrations and/or wait list requests for all three sessions until 4:30 pm on Friday, March 16.
Complete & sign the required paper registration form (which will be provided to you after you've successfully pre-registered). You will only need to fill out ONE form for each child, even if the child will be attending two different sessions.
Submit the registration form and payment in full to the Recreation Department (either in person or by postal mail) no later than Friday, March 23, 2018.
Failure to meet the March 23rd deadline will result in the cancellation of your reservation.
Questions about this process? Check out our special "Frequently Asked Questions" page created specifically for this program!
Acceptable Forms of Payment
- Cash (Exact Change ONLY)
- Check/Money Order - Payable to "Town of Southington"
- Credit Card* (Visa, MasterCard, Discover)
*An additional, non-refundable 3% service fee applies to all credit card transactions.
Scheduled program activities may vary daily and include, but are not limited to:
- Board Games
- Field Trips*
- Knock Hockey
- Lacing Projects
- Playground Time
- Relay Races
- Wiffle Ball
*All three sessions will include two field trips. There will be one trip to the movies (AMC Southington) and one trip to go bowling (Apple Valley Bowl, Plantsville); trip dates are noted on each individual session's Daily Schedule linked below under "Program Documents." Bus transportation will be provided to/from each site. The fees for these trips will be announced at the beginning of each session and will be collected by program staff on the day of the trip (cash only).
Additionally, a pizza party will be held at lunchtime on the last Friday of each session. A small fee will be charged, payable on the day of the party.