Recreation Department Program Policies
The following information pertains only to programs run by the Southington Recreation Department and does not include bus trips or organized youth sport league activities. Each individual sport league has their own policies regarding registration, cancellations, and refunds. Silver Mill Tours' cancellation and refund policies are outlined on our Bus Trips page.
- Program registrations may be accepted online, in person and/or by mail. Allowed methods of registration vary by program.
- Links to online registration forms will be posted on the Forms & Documents page as well as the individual program's page.
- In-person registrations will be accepted at the Recreation Department office in Town Hall, 75 Main Street (2nd Floor), Southington, during regular business hours (Mon-Fri, 8:30-4:30).
- Mail-in registrations should be sent to: Recreation Department, 75 Main Street, Southington, CT 06489
Acceptable Forms of Payment
- Cash: Exact change only. The office does not have cash funds available to make change.
- Check: Made payable to "Town of Southington."
- Credit Card: Discover, MasterCard or Visa only; payments may be made online or in person at the Recreation office. An additional, non-refundable 3% service charge ($2.00 minimum charge) applies to all credit card transactions.
- Money Order: Made payable to "Town of Southington."
- A decision will be made to cancel a program in its entirety, if necessary, no later than two (2) business days prior to the program start date. If cancelled, participants will be notified and will be issued a full refund of the program fee paid (see Refunds section below).
- The Recreation Department reserves the right to cancel any program due to low enrollment.
- The Recreation Department also reserves the right to adjust program dates, times and/or locations and to make any other revisions for any program as deemed necessary.
- Every effort will be made to reschedule individual program dates that are cancelled due to inclement weather or other unforseen circumstances.
- For program cancellations/updates, call 860-276-6219 and follow the prompts.
- If a program is cancelled in its entirety for any reason, refunds are guaranteed.
- Individual refund requests (for non-cancelled programs) must be made at least three (3) business days prior to the program start date.
- Refunds will not be issued after a program has begun unless the request is due to a medical emergency. In this instance, a physician's note must be submitted to the Recreation Department as proof of inability to participate in the program.
- If the program registration fee was paid by credit card, the refunded amount will be for the program fee only. The 3% credit card service fee is non-refundable.
- All refunds will be issued in check form, regardless of the original form of payment. Refunds cannot and will not be issued in cash or back to a credit card.
- All refunds follow the Finance Department's bill paying schedule. Please allow 2-4 weeks for a refund check to be processed and mailed.