The Southington Recreation Department is pleased to partner with Kids Corner to offer this educational program for children ages 4-9. Classes will run for a total of six (6) weeks on Wednesday evenings.
||Children ages 4-9; no residency requirements.
||January 17, 24, 31; February 7, 21, 28
||5:45 - 6:45 pm
||Southington Police Dept. Education Room, 69 Lazy Lane
||$110.00 per child
This program is an overview of what makes science so interesting! It emphasizes the practical – how science can affect every child’s life. A collaborative project will be worked on during each class and at least two of the following topics will be discussed each week: Asteroids, chemical reactions, dinosaurs, earthquakes, oceans, physics, pollution, rivers, solar eclipses, and volcanoes. The final class will include a take-home creation. All class materials are included in the registration fee.
View Program Registration, Cancellation & Refund Policies
- Download a Registration Form (Required)
- A completed/signed registration form and payment in full must be submitted to the Recreation Department by Friday, January 12, 2018. Forms and/or payments will not be accepted at class.
- Class size is limited and registration will be accepted on a first-come, first-served basis.
- Register By Mail: Recreation Department, P.O. Box 571, Southington, CT 06489
- Register In Person: Southington Town Hall, 75 Main St. (2nd Floor)
- Please contact the Recreation office at 860-276-6219 with any questions or to reserve a space in this class.
Acceptable Forms of Payment
- Cash (Exact Change ONLY)
- Check/Money Order - Payable to "Town of Southington"
- Credit Card* (Visa, MasterCard, Discover)
*An additional, non-refundable service fee applies to all credit card transactions.