Festival Vendor Requirements
**Information on this page does NOT apply to Arts & Crafts Show vendors. Please visit the Arts & Crafts Show page for details on those vendor requirements.**
Vendors are expected to be set up for the duration of the Festival (6 days over 2 weekends: Friday-Sunday, September 30-October 2 & October 7-9, 2022).
Preferential consideration for booth space and location will be given to non-profit organizations on a first-come, first-served basis as well as on the basis of previous Festival participation. Final decisions will be at the discretion of the Apple Harvest Festival Coordinator. If your entity is not selected for vending participation, all payments will be returned to you. We will make every effort to accommodate your booth location request; however, we reserve the right to change the location up until the opening day of the Festival.
To qualify as a non-profit vendor, the organization must be a civic, fraternal, church, social service, school, or school organization with a non-profit status and tax-exempt number.
The Town of Southington must be listed on your current insurance policy as "Additional Insured." Minimum liability insurance coverage must be $1,000,000.00 combined single limit. A copy of your Certificate of Insurance must be filed with the Apple Harvest Festival Coordinator no later than June 1, 2022 or your booth application will be declined. Your certificate may also be submitted with your application (preferred).
HEALTH PERMITS & INSPECTION
All food vendors must apply for a food service permit with the Southington Health Department (located on the second floor of the John Weichsel Municipal Center at 196 North Main Street, Southington) by September 1, 2022. The Southington Health Department will assess each commercial vendor a $100.00 permit fee. Non-profit food vendors are also required to apply for a food service permit but will not be charged a permit fee. Permits will be given after the health inspection on the opening day of the Festival. Permits are only valid for the food items listed in this application and on the health permit application. Selling of any other food items is not authorized by the Town of Southington.
Inspections will begin at 3:00 pm on Friday, September 30, 2022. All vendors are expected to be fully set up and ready for inspection by 3:00 pm.
Vendor Set-Up Guidelines
TOWN GREEN & APPLE ALLEY AREA VENDORS
- Trailers are expected to arrive on Monday, September 26, 2022. A specific arrival time will be assigned to each trailer. Vendors will be notified of their assigned time slot in advance. Times given are final & necessary to position vendors correctly. Missing your time slot may result in being placed elsewhere on Festival grounds.
- Tent set-up on the Town Green and Apple Alley will begin on Tuesday, September 27, 2022 (weather-permitting).
RICCIO WAY VENDORS
- Trailers are expected to arrive on Tuesday, September 27, 2022. A specific arrival time will be assigned to each trailer. Vendors will be notified of their assigned time slot in advance. Times given are final & necessary to position vendors correctly. Missing your time slot may result in being placed elsewhere on Festival grounds.
- Tent set-up on Riccio Way will begin on Wednesday, September 28, 2022 after 3:00 pm (weather-permitting).
VENDORS USING TENTS
- Vendors using tents are required to use only the tents supplied by the Festival.
- Tents will include solid sides, an electrical hook-up according to vendor specification, a counter with skirting, and two chairs. Cost of tent will be determined by size. Any other tables, chairs, or counters must be brought to the Festival by the vendor or may be ordered for an additional fee (see page 2 of application form).
- Location of tent is allocated based on size and electrical needs. There are no guarantees on location or position.
- Every effort will be made to assign tent location based on that of the previous year; however, there is no guarantee. If you prefer to be moved to a new location from the previous year, please contact David Lapreay, Festival Coordinator, at (860) 276-6221 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Tables and chairs provided by the Apple Harvest Festival are solely for the use of customers.
- Vendors may bring tables and chairs for breaks or sitting areas. Tables and/or chairs may also be ordered for an additional fee (see page 2 of application form).
- Vendors may not take any tables or chairs for their own use from other booths or Festival grounds areas.
GENERAL BOOTH RULES
- Booths may not be sublet. No exceptions.
- All booths and trailers must be set up and ready for Health and Fire Department Inspectors by 3:00 pm on the opening day of the Festival - Friday, September 30, 2022. You must provide a "No Smoking" sign in your booth.
- All booths and trailers agree to conform to the Southington Fire Department's "Standards for Temporary Booths at Carnivals, Fairs, etc." during the Festival dates. Current standards will be sent upon vendor approval but are subject to change. You will be provided with a copy of any changes when the Festival Coordinator receives them.
- All booths must have a working fire extinguisher with an up-to-date inspection tag.
- You are not allowed to nail or staple into canvas, tents, and/or counters. Dismantling any part of your booth is strictly prohibited. Any alterations needed to your booth must be indicated on your application. Your organization is responsible for any and all damage to your booth.
- All booths must be staffed and open all hours of the Festival.
- The official hours are subject to change at the discretion of the Apple Harvest Festival Coordinator and Advisory Committee. In the event of inclement weather, the Festival Coordinator and Advisory Committee, whose decision shall be final, will determine early closings or late openings. No refunds or fee adjustments will be given for closing due to inclement weather. Changes in schedule due to weather will be posted on our website.
- No helium balloons or other articles that use helium shall be sold or given out at any booth (per Connecticut State Statute Ch. 490 Sec. 26-25c).
- Use of alcoholic beverages or non-prescription drugs is prohibited by any Festival vendors or volunteers.
- Parking in the municipal lot at the top of Riccio Way is allowed for vehicles with Festival parking passes. No parking is allowed on closed streets surrounding the Town Green.
- No parking is allowed on either side of Riccio Way during official Festival hours. Parked cars will be towed at owner's expense. A special loading/unloading zone will be designated on Main Street for temporary parking.
- Absolutely NO obstacles (i.e. signs, boxes) will be allowed outside booths.
- Garbage removal is the responsibility of the vendor.
- All booths must be emptied and cleaned by 8:00 am Monday following the Festival (October 10, 2022).
- No other items, except those approved, may be sold from booths (i.e. raffles, novelties, etc.).
- It is the responsibility of the vendor to arrange his line of patrons so other vendors and main pedestrian traffic ways are not affected.
FOOD BOOTH RULES
- No open charcoal fires are allowed.
- Water for sanitation, cleaning, or other Health Dept. regulations must be provided and disposed of properly by the vendor.
- Absolutely no booths will do business prior to the Festival opening on Friday, September 30, 2022 at 5:00 pm.
- Each booth is responsible for emptying their trash barrels into the large dumpsters provided by the Festival both during the day and at the close of each night. Do not dump garbage into common Festival garbage barrels.
- All food booths and trailers must have two (2) trash barrels with lids.
- Special drums will be provided for waste grease. No waste grease is to be dumped into dumpsters, storm drains, or the ground. Violators will be ticketed by police.
- Disposing of any materials in the storm drains is strictly prohibited.