Veterans Memorial Park
|PARK SIZE:||20.5 Acres|
|HOURS:||Daily, Dawn until Dusk
(Closing time may vary due to scheduled sporting events.)
*Tennis and pickleball only are allowed on the tennis courts at all Town parks. Rollerblading, skateboarding, street hockey, etc. are prohibited.
Park Use Guidelines
- With the exception of the swimming pools, Memorial Park is open to the public, regardless of residency.
- Picnic grove areas, tennis courts, and the basketball court may be utilized on a first-come, first-served basis.
- Sport fields (baseball, football) may be reserved by Town leagues only.
- The pool and splash pad are not available for rental at any time.
- Alcohol is prohibited in the park at all times.
- Per the Town's insurance policy requirements, inflatables (i.e. bounce houses) are not allowed in the park at any time.
Memorial Pool & Splash Pad
Memorial Park's pool and splash pad are now CLOSED and will reopen in late June 2021 (exact date TBD).
The swimming pool and splash pad at Memorial Park are open seasonally to Southington residents only; however, each resident may bring one non-resident guest. ID and proof of residency are required to gain entry. There is no fee to use the pools. Hours are subject to change based on weather conditions or pool safety issues.
COVID-19 RELATED POOL RULES (NEW)
The following rules apply to the pool facilities at both Recreation and Memorial Parks in addition to the standard pool rules:
- Stay home if you are sick or do not feel well.
- Capacity in the pool facility will be limited to 50 persons to ensure the safety of all pool patrons.
- All patrons are required to wear a face covering while interacting with pool staff at the check-in station.
- Face coverings are required when entering the pool facility or interacting in close proximity to other patrons. Face coverings should be removed when the possibility exists of getting wet.
- Use social distancing and maintain at least six (6) feet or more between individuals in all areas of the pool and pool deck.
- Use marked out areas on the pool deck for sitting. Smaller groups should go to the areas marked with the smaller box markings.
- No gatherings in groups of different households.
- Swimmers/patrons should not sit or otherwise block walkways, pool entrances, or any narrow passage area.
- No sharing of personal equipment (goggles, nose clips, flotation devices, or toys).
- Wash hands often for at least 20 seconds to practice good personal hygiene.
STANDARD POOL & SPLASH PAD RULES
- No food, drink or glass containers in pool or splash pad areas.
- Any persons known or suspected of having a communicable disease shall not use the pool.
- Lounge chairs are restricted to larger areas on the pool deck.
- Proper swim wear is required.
- Shower before entering the pool.
- Diving is only allowed in 10 feet. No flipping.
- No pushing, shoving, rough play, carrying others on shoulders, etc.
- ONLY Coast Guard approved floats are allowed.
- ONLY goggles are allowed (no masks or snorkels).
- Regular diapers are prohibited (swim diapers are allowed).
- Smoking is prohibited in pool and splash pad areas.