Aerobics in the Park (Spring/Summer 2021)
The Southington Recreation Department is offering an outdoor fitness program for adults (ages 18+; no residency requirements). A total of 16 classes will be held on Tuesday & Thursday evenings. The instructor is Carol Brazil.
- $80.00 per person for the full 16 class session (2 days/week); or
- $40.00 per person for a half session (1 day/week)
- May 18, 20, 25, 27; June 1, 3, 8, 10, 15, 17, 22, 24, 29; July 1, 6, 8
- 6:30 pm - 7:30 pm
- Recreation Park - Front Picnic Grove (grassy area between playground & pavilion), 25 Maxwell Noble Dr., Plantsville
Take part in this aerobic exercise class in the park with stretching, cardio training, and toning exercises sure to get your body moving! This program is suitable for individuals of all fitness levels who are looking for a total body workout. Participants should wear sneakers and comfortable clothing and bring ample water for hydration.
Tuesday classes will focus on power walking; Thursday classes will focus on aerobics.
Social distancing guidelines will be followed for the duration of the program. Masks are not required to be worn while performing aerobic activities; however, masks should be worn before and after class if closely interacting with other class participants or park visitors (less than 6 feet apart).
- Registration is limited to 25 participants and will be accepted on a first-come, first-served basis.
- Registration forms will be accepted online, by mail, or in person at the Recreation Department office.
- Forms and payments are due by 4:30 pm on Tuesday, May 18, 2021.
- Please call the office at (860) 276-6219 with any questions.
Acceptable Forms of Payment
- Cash (Exact Change Required)
- Check/Money Order - Payable to "Town of Southington"
- Credit Card*
*An additional, non-refundable service fee applies to all credit card transactions.