Community Pavilion at Southington Drive-In
GPS Address: 995 Meriden-Waterbury Turnpike, Plantsville
The Community Pavilion located on the former Southington Drive-In property (now officially part of Recreation Park) and its surrounding grounds/parking areas are available to rent by Southington residents, organizations, and businesses for private and public functions. A permit application, security deposit, and rental fee are required to reserve this property.
The movie screen, projection booth, and/or audio equipment are NOT available for public use/rental at any time; no exceptions.
To inquire about date availability, contact the Recreation Department office by phone at (860) 276-6219 during regular office hours, Monday-Friday, 8:30 am - 4:30 pm, or by email at RecreationDept@southington.org.General Information & Rules
- Open-air, large capacity pavilion
- 12 bench-style picnic tables under pavilion
- Multiple electrical outlets available for use
- Ceiling fans may be turned on at applicant's request
- Indoor restroom access is included with rental (separate men's and women's restrooms; handicap accessible)
- Serving and/or consumption of alcoholic beverages is prohibited on Town property per Ordinance §312-5
- Use of inflatables (i.e. bounce houses) is prohibited per the Town's insurance policy
- Cooking is not permitted underneath the pavilion (slow cookers and/or chafing dishes with sternos are allowed); however, a grill may be placed/used on the cement pad located on the side of the pavilion, if desired
- Decorations are permitted to be hung, provided that they are not secured with tacks, nails, or other objects that would cause damage to the pavilion
- Reservations are permitted during daylight hours only; all park properties close at sunset per Town ordinance
Property Usage FeesSECURITY DEPOSIT
A security deposit of $100.00 is required for all events. The deposit will be refunded after the event, provided that the property is left in satisfactory condition (clean; undamaged). Refunds will be issued according to the Recreation Department's standard refund procedure.
The rental fee amount is based on estimated attendance and event type (for-profit vs non-profit). This fee is non-refundable unless your event is cancelled and the Recreation Department is notified in advance.
- $50.00 - Non-profit events of less than 50 attendees
- $75.00 - Non-profit events of 50-100 attendees
- $150.00 - Non-profit events of over 100 attendees
- $250.00 - For-profit events of any size
Fees may be paid by cash (exact change required), check, credit card, or money order. All credit card payments are subject to an additional, non-refundable 3% service fee. Check or money order should be made payable to "Town of Southington."
A permit application must be submitted to the Recreation Department along with the security deposit and rental fee payment prior to the event date. The applicant will receive a signed/approved copy of the permit application to use as proof of paid reservation.