Community Pavilion at Southington Drive-In
GPS Address: 995 Meriden-Waterbury Turnpike, Plantsville
The Community Pavilion located on the former Southington Drive-In property (now officially part of Recreation Park) and its surrounding grounds/parking areas are available to rent by Southington residents, organizations, and businesses for private and public functions. A permit application, security deposit, and rental fee are required to reserve this property.
The movie screen, projection booth, and/or audio equipment are NOT available for public use or rental at any time; no exceptions.
To inquire about date availability, contact the Recreation Department office by phone at (860) 276-6219 during regular office hours, Monday-Friday, 8:30 am - 4:30 pm, or by email at RecreationDept@southington.org.General Information & Rules
- Open-air, large capacity pavilion
- 20 bench-style picnic tables under pavilion
- Multiple electrical outlets available for use
- Ceiling fans may be turned on at applicant's request
- Indoor restroom access is included with rental (separate men's and women's restrooms; handicap accessible)
- Serving and/or consumption of alcoholic beverages is prohibited on Town property per Ordinance §312-5
- Use of inflatables (i.e. bounce houses) is prohibited per the Town's insurance policy
- Cooking is not permitted underneath the pavilion (slow cookers and/or chafing dishes with sternos are allowed); however, a grill may be placed/used on the cement pad located on the side of the pavilion, if desired
- Decorations are permitted to be hung provided that they are not secured with tacks, nails, or other objects that would cause damage to the pavilion
- Reservations are permitted during daylight hours only; all park properties close at sunset per Town ordinance
Property Usage FeesSECURITY DEPOSIT
A security deposit of $100.00 is required for all events. The deposit will be refunded after the event, provided that the property is left in satisfactory condition (clean; undamaged). Refunds will be issued according to the Recreation Department's standard refund procedure.
The rental fee amount is based on estimated attendance and event type (for-profit vs non-profit). This fee is non-refundable unless your event is cancelled and the Recreation Department is notified in advance.
- $50.00 - Non-profit events of less than 50 attendees
- $75.00 - Non-profit events of 50-100 attendees
- $150.00 - Non-profit events of over 100 attendees
- $250.00 - For-profit events of any size
Fees may be paid by cash (exact change required), check, credit card, or money order. All credit card payments are subject to an additional, non-refundable 3% service fee. Check or money order should be made payable to "Town of Southington."
A permit application must be submitted to the Recreation Department along with the security deposit and rental fee payment prior to the event date. The applicant will receive a signed/approved copy of the permit application to use as proof of paid reservation.
In addition to the permit application form linked above, applicants may also be required to submit a site plan and a completed "Temporary Special Event Sign-Off" sheet from the Planning & Zoning Department. When booking your function at this facility, Recreation Department staff will inform you if this additional paperwork is needed.
Pavilion PhotosClick on an image to view at full size.