Youth Pickleball (Summer 2023)
The Southington Recreation Department is pleased to introduce a new instructional Pickleball program for Southington resident youth. Students entering Grades 5-12 in the next school year (August 2023) are eligible to enroll. All participants must bring their own Pickleball paddle and water bottle to each class.
The program will take place at the Panthorn Park pickleball courts, 485 Burritt Street, Plantsville. Two professional Pickleball-registered coaches will lead the program, assisted by some local collegiate players and community members of the Town of Southington.
- $80.00 per child
- Thursdays: June 22, 29; July 6, 13, 20, 27; August 3, 10
- 5:00 PM - 6:00 PM, Grades 5-8 Only
- 6:00 PM - 7:00 PM, Grades 9-12 Only
All skill levels are welcome! Beginners will be taught the fundamentals: basic rules to the sport, different types of shots that can be played throughout a game, how to keep score, etc.
Players who are already familiar with the sport and are looking to improve upon their game will be taught more advanced tactics. The focus for these players will be improvement in shot selection, course awareness, footwork, stroke mechanics, etc.
View Program Registration, Cancellation & Refund Policies
- Registration forms will be accepted online, by mail, or in person at the Recreation Department, 388 Pleasant Street, Southington (inside the Calendar House Senior Center).
- Forms and payments are due by 4:30 pm on Thursday, June 22, 2023.
- Please call the office at (860) 276-6219 with any questions.
Register Online Register By Mail
Acceptable Forms of Payment
- Cash (Exact Change Required)
- Check/Money Order - Payable to "Town of Southington"
- Credit Card*
*An additional, non-refundable service fee applies to all credit card transactions.