Fundamentals of Youth Running (Spring 2023)
The Southington Recreation Department is pleased to offer a running clinic for children ages 7-15 (no residency requirements). The program will be led by Annie Carbone and Debbie Blitz.
This dynamic 8-week training program will focus on form, stamina, pace, stretching, hydration, and building confidence. Each week, participants will increase duration/distance to improve their running abilities, complete with speed work drills and learning warm-up and cool down techniques.
- $80.00 per child
- Thursdays: April 20, 27; May 4, 11, 18, 24; June 1, 8
- 5:30 PM - 6:30 PM
- Derynoski Elementary School Track (Outdoors), 240 Main St., Southington
- Registration forms will be accepted online, by mail, or in person at the Recreation Department office at 388 Pleasant Street, Southington (inside the Calendar House Senior Center).
- Forms and payments are due by 4:30 pm on Wednesday, April 19, 2023.
- Please call the office at (860) 276-6219 with any questions.
Acceptable Forms of Payment
- Cash (Exact Change Required)
- Check/Money Order - Payable to "Town of Southington"
- Credit Card*
*An additional, non-refundable service fee applies to all credit card transactions.