Fundamentals of Youth Running (Spring 2021)
**PROGRAM IS FULL - NO FURTHER REGISTRATIONS ACCEPTED**
The Southington Recreation Department is pleased to offer a running clinic for children ages 7-15 (no residency requirements).
This dynamic 8-week training program will focus on form, stamina, pace, stretching, hydration, and building the confidence to complete a 5K race! Each week, participants will increase duration/distance to improve their running abilities, complete with speed work drills and learning warm-up and cool down techniques.
The program will be led by Gina Levesque. In addition to being certified in CPR and First Aid, Gina is an NASM Personal Trainer & Weight Loss Specialist as well as a USA Track and Field Coach.
- $80.00 per child
- Thursdays: April 8, 15, 22, 29; May 6, 13, 20, 27
- 5:30 PM - 6:30 PM
- Derynoski Elementary School (Track), 240 Main St., Southington
Registration closed 3/22/21. Program is at maximum capacity.
- Registration forms will be accepted online, by mail, or in person at the Recreation Department office in Town Hall, 75 Main Street, Southington.
- Forms and payments are due by 4:30 pm on Wednesday, April 7, 2021.
- Please call the office at (860) 276-6219 with any questions.
Acceptable Forms of Payment
- Cash (Exact Change Required)
- Check/Money Order - Payable to "Town of Southington"
- Credit Card*
*An additional, non-refundable service fee applies to all credit card transactions.