Science Spectacular (Spring 2021)
**Registration is CLOSED for this program. The deadline to order the required class materials has passed; therefore, late registrations will not be accepted.**
The Southington Recreation Department, in conjunction with Kids Corner CT, is pleased to offer this virtual class series for children ages 5-9. Classes will take place online via WebEX one day per week for four weeks.
Join this hands-on class to explore chemistry, engineering, physics, and coding. Each week a new science topic will be introduced. Build a roller coaster, bridges, and launchers. Put on your goggles and lab coats to learn about (safe) chemical mixtures, atoms, acids, molecules, electrons, metals, and the periodic table elements. Think like a computer to code characters to move. Explore the exciting world of how things work by experimenting with heat, magnetism, magnetic fields, electricity, simple circuits and more!
All necessary class materials will be provided to each student and are included in the registration fee. Registered families will be contacted the week before the program begins to schedule the pickup of class materials.
- $65.00 per child for the full 4 class session
- Tuesdays, April 6, 20, 27 & May 4
- 5:30 PM - 6:30 PM
- WebEX class link will be emailed to registered participants
- Registration forms will be accepted online, by mail, or in person at the Recreation Department office in Town Hall, 75 Main Street, Southington.
- Forms and payments are due by 4:30 pm on Monday, March 29, 2021.
- Please call the office at (860) 276-6219 with any questions.
Acceptable Forms of Payment
- Cash (Exact Change Required)
- Check/Money Order - Payable to "Town of Southington"
- Credit Card*
*An additional, non-refundable service fee applies to all credit card transactions.