Skyhawks Track & Field Camp (Summer 2021)
The Southington Recreation Department, in conjunction with Skyhawks Sports Academy, is pleased to offer this one-week camp for children ages 7-12 (no residency requirements). Skyhawks Track & Field Camp was developed to introduce young athletes to a sport rich in tradition and history.
Using special equipment, Skyhawks staff will teach the standard track & field events: long distance, sprints, soft hurdles, relays, shot put, discus, and standing long-jump. The program's exercises and drills will prepare athletes for a future in cross-country, track & field events, and distance running while inspiring a love for running and being active. The fundamentals of body positioning, stride, proper stretching, and cool-down techniques are also covered during the program.
All necessary equipment will be provided by Skyhawks Sports Academy. Children should wear sneakers and comfortable clothing to each class and bring plenty of water to stay hydrated.
- $135.00 per child
- Monday-Friday, July 26-30, 2021
- 9:00 AM - 12:00 PM daily
- Southington High School (Track/Turf), 720 Pleasant St., Southington
- Registration forms will be accepted online, by mail, or in person at the Recreation Department office in Town Hall, 75 Main Street, Southington.
- Forms and payments are due by 4:30 pm on Wednesday, July 21, 2021.
- Please call the office at (860) 276-6219 with any questions.
Acceptable Forms of Payment
- Cash (Exact Change Required)
- Check/Money Order - Payable to "Town of Southington"
- Credit Card*
*An additional, non-refundable service fee applies to all credit card transactions.