Skyhawks Track & Field Camp (Summer 2023)
The Southington Recreation Department, in conjunction with Skyhawks Sports Academy, is pleased to offer this one-week camp for children ages 7-12 (no residency requirements). Skyhawks' Track & Field Camp was developed to introduce young athletes to a sport rich in tradition and history.
Using special equipment, Skyhawks staff will teach the standard track & field events: long distance, sprints, soft hurdles, relays, shot put, discus, and standing long-jump. The program's exercises and drills will prepare athletes for a future in cross-country, track & field events, and distance running while inspiring a love for running and being active. The fundamentals of body positioning, stride, proper stretching, and cool-down techniques are also covered during the program.
All necessary equipment will be provided by Skyhawks Sports Academy. Children should wear sneakers and comfortable clothing to each class and bring plenty of water to stay hydrated.
- $145.00 per child
- Monday-Friday, July 24-28, 2023
- 9:00 AM - 12:00 PM daily
- Southington High School (Track/Turf), 720 Pleasant St., Southington
View Program Registration, Cancellation & Refund Policies
- A maximum of twenty (20) children will be accepted into this program.
- Registration forms will be accepted online, by mail, or in person at the Recreation Department office, 388 Pleasant Street, Southington (inside the Calendar House Senior Center).
- Forms and payments are due by 4:30 pm on Wednesday, July 19, 2023.
- Please call the Recreation office at (860) 276-6219 with any questions.
Register Online Register By Mail
Acceptable Forms of Payment
- Cash (Exact Change Required)
- Check/Money Order - Payable to "Town of Southington"
- Credit Card*
*An additional, non-refundable service fee applies to all credit card transactions.