Welcome to the Southington Town Clerk's office. The Town Clerk is an elected official, sworn to uphold constitutional law and the laws of the community. The Clerk acts as a liaison between the citizens of our community and its government.
It is our goal to serve the residents of Southington by providing assistance, supplying accurate and timely information, and increasing your access to town information and services. I invite you to stop by and experience our service with a smile.
Adjusted Town Clerk Office Hours
Starting Wednesday, September 23rd
through Friday, November 6th
The Town Clerks office will be closed to the public at 1:00 to allow staff to process absentee ballots. There will be no Thursday night hours; appointments can be made for the issuing of marriage licenses only.
Reminder: Transfer Station stickers and passes are now being issued by the Highway Department located on DellaBitta Dr. (off Mulberry St.) Their office hours are 7am to 3:30pm Monday through Friday, the phone number is 860-276-9430. Stickers may also be obtained by mail using the form on the Highway Department web page at www.southington.org
Southington Town Clerk
The Town Clerk's Office offers many services as listed on the Additional Links section on the left.
In addition, our office provides many miscellaneous functions such as:
- Maintains a listing of members for all major Town Boards & Commissions
- Maintains all Agendas and Minutes for Town Boards and Commissions
- Maintains local liquor permit file
- Provides Notary Services and maintains a record of all Southington Notaries
- Maintains burial and cremation permit information
- Maintains a file of all lawsuits and claims filed against the town
- Official keeper of the Town Seal - click here to view the history of the Town Seal