Arts & Crafts Show
|Saturday, October 8, 2022||11:00 am - 6:00 pm|
|Sunday, October 9, 2022||11:00 am - 5:00 pm|
The Arts & Crafts Show will take place rain or shine on the dates and times listed above (even if other Festival activities are closed or postponed). Vendors will be set up in the Bank of America parking lot located behind the Main Stage.
Information for Potential Vendors
We are looking for vendors of high quality, hand-crafted items to join us for our annual Arts & Crafts Show during the second weekend of the Festival. The fee to participate is $300.00 (per 10' x 10' space). Applications will continue to be accepted on a first-come, first-served basis until all spaces have been filled.
The sale of mass-produced, manufactured, and/or name brand items is not permitted in the Arts & Crafts Show area (i.e. LuLaRoe clothing; Paparazzi jewelry; Funko Pop figurines; baseball cards; etc.). Please visit our Booth/Vendor Information page for information on selling these types of products on the main Festival grounds.
Note: This application does not apply to craft vendors associated with the First Congregational Church, the American Legion Auxiliary, or the Southington Elks. These are private organizations whose craft/vendor exhibitions are not affiliated with the official Apple Harvest Festival Arts & Crafts Show. Please contact those organizations directly if you are interested in participating in their activities.
ARTS & CRAFTS SHOW LOCATION
- Outdoors in the Bank of America parking lot on asphalt (no grass).
- Vendors must bring their own tent, tables, chairs, hand trucks, etc.
- Southington Apple Harvest Festival coordinators provide your space only.
HOURS / BOOTH SET-UP
- If the Festival should close due to inclement weather, the Arts & Crafts Show will still remain OPEN.
- No refunds or fee adjustments will be given to any vendor who personally chooses not to open for business due to rain.
- Roads around the arts & crafts area close 1 hour before the Festival opens. On Saturday, the roads close at 10:00 am. You must be checked in and be in the parking lot before this time for set-up, otherwise you will not be able to get your car into the lot. On Sunday, roads will be closed at 11:00 am.
- The Arts & Crafts Show closes at 6:00 pm on Saturday; however, the Festival itself does not close until 9:00 pm. You will not be able to get your car into the lot on Saturday night.
- The Festival Coordinator will contact all vendors in the week prior to the Show with specific arrival time information.
- Spaces will be approximately 10' x 10'.
- Tents/canopies are mandatory, and only professional-looking tents/canopies will be allowed (i.e. no tarps, beach umbrellas, etc.). Canopies must not exceed 10' x 10' and must be free-standing and weighted. No stakes or dangerously positioned ropes will be allowed. Canopies must remain inside your marked space. Your tent, items, etc. must not extend outside of your assigned space.
- There are no electrical or water hook-ups available on site.
- All exhibitors must comply with all federal, state, and local statutes. The Town of Southington is not responsible for any lost or stolen merchandise.
- All applicants* must submit a copy of a current Connecticut Sales and Use Tax Permit (must be valid through October 9, 2022) and Connecticut Tax ID Number. Applications submitted without this information will be refused.
- The entry fee is $300.00 per 10' x 10' space. Payment in full, along with the CT Sales and Use Tax Permit copy, must be submitted with the application form.
- Make check or money order payable to: Town of Southington. Credit card payments are also accepted online; however, an additional, non-refundable 3% service fee applies to all card payments.
- Applications will be processed in the order in which they are received. Please submit your application early! You will be notified in writing regarding your acceptance by the Festival Coordinator or Assistant Coordinator.
- All accepted vendors will be notified of their assigned location and provided with a map of the site in the week prior to the Arts & Crafts Show.
- NO REFUNDS will be issued once your application has been accepted.
*Vendors selling only food products are exempt from Connecticut sales tax and will not be required to submit proof of a CT Tax ID Number or a CT Sales and Use Tax Permit. Additional permits for and/or inspections of food sales may be required by the Southington Health Department.