Apple Harvest Festival Parking Restrictions
The Southington Police Department has announced the parking restrictions listed below which pertain to the 2023 Apple Harvest Festival.
From Friday-Sunday, September 29-October 1 and Friday-Sunday, October 6-8, the following streets will be posted as "No Parking" on either side of the street:
- Academy Lane; Academy Street; Berlin Avenue (Main Street to Highwood Avenue); Center Court; Center Place; Center Street; Chestnut Street; Columbus Avenue; Eden Avenue; High Street; Hobart Street; Liberty Street; Merrell Avenue; Mill Street (North Main Street to Water Street); North Liberty Street; North Main Street (Center Street to Mill Street); Oak Street; Vermont Avenue; Vermont Terrace; West Center Street (Summer Street to Howard Avenue); and Woodruff Street (Berlin Avenue to Pleasant Street)
The Festival's fireworks display will be set off from the Southington Dog Park on Mill Street on Saturday, September 30th. The following restrictions & closures will apply:
- The section of Mill Street between North Main Street (Rte. 10) and Water Street will be CLOSED as of Noon on Saturday, September 30. The roads will reopen at 11:00 pm on the same day.
- The Dog Park will be CLOSED to the public at Noon on Saturday, September 30 and will reopen at Noon on Sunday, October 1.
- During this time, the Linear Trail ("Rails to Trails") will also be CLOSED between High Street (YMCA) and the John Weichsel Municipal Center building.
- The purpose of these closures is to create a safety zone, and traffic will be detoured around the Mill Street closure.
- There will be special parking restrictions along the parade route from 7:00 am to 10:00 pm on the day of the parade, Sunday, October 1.
- All violators will be subject to a $35 fine and/or towing of the vehicle.
- There will be NO PARKING on the following streets due to the parade: Beecher Street; Bristol Street; Chestnut Street; Church Street; Cowles Avenue; Eden Place; Elm Street; Knowles Avenue; Main Street, Matthews Street; Prospect Street (West Street to Summer Street); South Center Street; Speechley Avenue; Summer Street; Water Street; and West Main Street.
- As of 11:00 am on Sunday, October 1, the following streets will have NO ACCESS to traffic as a result of the parade: Cowles Avenue, Elm Street, Prospect Street, and Summer Street.