Get Involved - Become a Volunteer!
The Southington Apple Harvest Festival is run primarily by volunteers like you! Each year we recruit approximately 200 people to volunteer a few hours of their time over the 6 days of the festival. Volunteers receive a commemorative t-shirt as a thank you for their time.
BEVERAGE SALES: Volunteers in these booths will keep our festival visitors hydrated by selling bottled beverages.
CARNIVAL TICKET SALES: Volunteers will work in the carnival ticket booths selling ride tickets.
INFORMATION BOOTH: Volunteers will provide patrons with brochures, maps, and general festival knowledge.
BEVERAGE RUNNERS: These volunteers will be in charge of keeping our beverage booths fully stocked. Must be able to lift 25 lbs. and complete repeat motions including bending.
- Adults and youth (ages 15 & up) are welcome to apply to be a volunteer.
- Volunteer shifts range from 2.5 hours to 4 hours in duration. Exact shift times are noted on the volunteer application form. You are welcome to sign up for multiple shifts if you wish.
- All volunteers must have reliable transportation to and from the Festival. Shuttle bus service is not available on either Friday of the Festival (September 30 and October 7).
- All booths staffed by volunteers will have a minimum of two (2) people working at all times.
- Any volunteer handling money must be 18 years of age or older.
- Please call the Festival Information Line at (860) 276-6221 with any questions or concerns.