|PARK SIZE:||37.5 Acres|
|HOURS:||Daily, Dawn until Dusk
(Closing time may vary due to scheduled sporting events.)
Park Use & Reservations
- With the exception of the swimming pools, Recreation Park is open to the public, regardless of residency.
- A permit is required for any type of organized event taking place on park grounds (birthday party, fundraiser, group outing, bottle/can drive, etc.).
- In addition to the permit, a $50.00 non-refundable rental fee applies to reserve the pavilion in the front picnic grove (situated between the playground area and the swimming pools). Please call the Recreation Department at 860-276-6219 to inquire about date/space availability.
- Park space may be reserved by Southington residents/organizations only.
- Sport fields (softball, soccer, football, etc.) may be reserved by Town leagues only.
- The pools are not available for rental at any time.
- For events occurring during pool season, please be advised that all regular pool rules apply to your attendees. Each Southington resident at your event may only bring one out-of-town guest to the pool, and proof of residency/ID is required.
- Alcohol is prohibited in the park at all times.
- Per the Town's insurance policy requirements, inflatables (i.e. bounce houses) are not allowed in the park at any time.
- Download a Park Use Permit Application
Recreation Park's pools are now CLOSED and will reopen in late June 2021 (exact date TBD).
The swimming pools at Recreation Park are open seasonally to Southington residents only; however, each resident may bring one non-resident guest. ID and proof of residency are required to gain entry. There is no fee to use the pools. Hours are subject to change based on weather conditions or pool safety issues.
COVID-19 RELATED POOL RULES (NEW)
The following rules apply to the pool facilities at both Recreation and Memorial Parks in addition to the standard pool rules:
- Stay home if you are sick or do not feel well.
- Capacity in the pool facility will be limited to 50 persons to ensure the safety of all pool patrons. (Note: At Recreation Park, this means a total of 50 persons between the wading and full-size pools, not 50 in each pool.)
- All patrons are required to wear a face covering while interacting with pool staff at the check-in station.
- Face coverings are required when entering the pool facility or interacting in close proximity to other patrons. Face coverings should be removed when the possibility exists of getting wet.
- Use social distancing and maintain at least six (6) feet or more between individuals in all areas of the pool and pool deck.
- Use marked out areas on the pool deck for sitting. Smaller groups should go to the areas marked with the smaller box markings.
- No gatherings in groups of different households.
- Swimmers/patrons should not sit or otherwise block walkways, pool entrances, or any narrow passage area.
- No sharing of personal equipment (goggles, nose clips, flotation devices, or toys).
- Wash hands often for at least 20 seconds to practice good personal hygiene.
STANDARD POOL RULES
- No food, drink or glass containers in pool area.
- Any persons known or suspected of having a communicable disease shall not use the pool.
- Lounge chairs are restricted to larger areas on the pool deck.
- Proper swim wear is required.
- Shower before entering the pool.
- Jump in feet first ONLY.
- No pushing, shoving, rough play, carrying others on shoulders, etc.
- ONLY Coast Guard approved floats are allowed.
- ONLY goggles are allowed (no masks or snorkels).
- Wading pool is for children ages six years and under only.
- Regular diapers are prohibited in either pool (swim diapers are allowed).
- Smoking is prohibited in pool area.