|NOTICE: The entire playscape area at Recreation Park will be CLOSED (effective September 20, 2023) until installation of the new kiddie playscape has been completed. Please contact the Southington Highway/Parks Department at 860-276-9430 with any questions or concerns regarding this project.|
|PARK SIZE:||37.5 Acres|
|HOURS:||Daily, Dawn until Dusk
(Closing time may vary due to scheduled sporting events.)
*Tennis and pickleball only are allowed on the tennis courts at all Town parks. Rollerblading, skateboarding, street hockey, etc. are prohibited.
Park Use & Reservations
- With the exception of the swimming pools, Recreation Park is open to the public, regardless of residency.
- A permit is required for any type of organized event taking place on park grounds (birthday party, fundraiser, group outing, bottle/can drive, etc.). Permits are issued by the Recreation Department.
- The pools are not available for rental at any time.
- For events occurring during pool season, please be advised that all regular pool rules apply to your attendees. Each Southington resident at your event may only bring one out-of-town guest to the pool, and proof of residency/ID is required.
- Alcohol is prohibited in the park at all times.
- Per the Town's insurance policy requirements, inflatables (i.e. bounce houses) are not allowed in the park at any time.
Recreation Park's pool facilities are currently CLOSED.
Due to renovations of the pool and pool house/changing rooms, the site will be closed through the 2023 season and will not reopen for public use until June 2024.
The swimming and wading pools at Recreation Park are open seasonally to Southington residents only; however, each resident may bring one non-resident guest. ID and proof of residency are required to gain entry. There is no fee to use the pools. Hours are subject to change based on weather conditions or pool safety issues.