Zumba in the Park (Summer 2021)
The Southington Recreation Department is offering an outdoor Zumba® Fitness program for adults (ages 18+; no residency requirements). A total of 16 classes will be held on Monday and Wednesday evenings. The instructor is Kim Albert.
- $80.00 per person for the full 16-class session (2 days/week); or
- $40.00 per person for a half session (1 day/week)
- June 14, 16, 21, 23, 28, 30; July 5, 7, 19, 21, 26, 28; August 2, 4, 9, 11
- 6:30 pm - 7:30 pm
- Recreation Park - Front Picnic Grove (grassy area between playground & pavilion), 25 Maxwell Noble Dr., Plantsville
Zumba® Fitness classes feature exotic rhythms set to high-energy Latin and international beats. The exercises include music with fast and slow rhythms, as well as resistance training. The music and moves you will learn are derived from various dance styles such as salsa, cha-cha, belly dancing, hip-hop and more. It's easy to do, effective and exhilarating. There's no other fitness class like a Zumba® Fitness party!
Social distancing guidelines will be followed for the duration of the program. Masks are not required to be worn while performing aerobic activities; however, masks should be worn before and after class if closely interacting with other class participants or park visitors (less than 6 feet apart).
- Registration will be accepted online, by mail, or in person at the Recreation Department office.
- Registration is due by 4:30 pm on Monday, June 14, 2021.
- Please call the office at (860) 276-6219 with any questions.
Acceptable Forms of Payment
- Cash (Exact Change Required)
- Check/Money Order - Payable to "Town of Southington"
- Credit Card*
*An additional, non-refundable service fee applies to all credit card transactions.